Facebook google plus Pinterest Instagram Twitter Youtube

Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney

Peanut Chutney
My mom regularly prepares peanut chutney for onion paniyaram. When I was in London, my Andhra friend once prepared peanut chutney and I loved it. I asked for the recipe and she sent it immediately. I prepared it once and almost forgot it. Yesterday when I was cleaning up my mailbox, I got this recipe. It was a big hit in my home.It is served as a side dish to Idli and Dosa. Please check below for step-wise instructions and pictures for easy and quick Andhra style Groundnut chutney




Peanut Chutney Recipe

Andhra style Groundnut Chutney. Side dish for Idli and Dosa.

Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Yields : 4

Recipe Category: Side dish
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian - Andhra
Author:
Andhra style Groundnut Chutney

Ingredients:
Table 1:
Oil : 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Red chilly : 4
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Chopped Onion : 1/2 cup
Roasted Peanuts : 1 cup
Salt : As needed
Tamarind : 1/4 tsp

Table 2: To Temper
Oil : 1 tsp
Red chilly : 4
Mustard : 1/4 tsp
Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves : 3 to 5

Instructions:
1.Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, red chillies . When red chillies turns dark in colour, add urad dal and fry it till they turn golden colour. Add onions and fry it till they turn translucent. Grind the mixture with tamarind, salt and roasted peanuts.
Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney 1

2.For tempering, heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add red chilly, urad dal and curry leaves. Fry till urad dal turns golden color. Add this to chutney.

Tips:
1.Adjust chillies to your taste.

1 comment:

  1. This is so delicious thank you for posting! It was my first attempt at an Indian style chutney and turned out very well though I did thin it with water quite a bit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks Friends for your comments / feedback / suggestions. Your comments will motivate and help in improving my website. Happy Visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...